Gluten Proteome + Free Celiac Disease Screen | Cyrex Labs Array #3X
Types of Gluten Intolerance
Gluten intolerance is not as straightforward as it may seem. Even though useful, traditional blood tests for gluten sensitivities only look at one component of gluten to determine if one is sensitive, alpha-gliadin. It is very common for someone who is gluten sensitive to test negative because he or she does not respond to alpha-gliadin.
Our unique test from Cyrex Labs (Array #3X) identifies 12 different components of wheat that can promote inflammation and negatively stimulate the immune system. These reactions can lead to allergies, Celiac disease, and other autoimmune diseases.
Gluten and the Brain
This test panel also looks for the potential for gluten to cause addictive behaviors. Specific enzymes in the gut break gluten down into opioids that promote addictive behaviors. One of the major reasons our society has seen a spike in ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, and other neurological dysfunctions is because of these opioids. If you are considering starting a gluten-free program, knowing your potential for major withdrawal symptoms is important. You can work with your practitioner to help support brain function in order to minimize withdrawal symptoms.
How Can this Gluten Intolerance Test Help Me?
It is very possible that you can be gluten intolerant and still test negative. The most important benefit of this Cyrex Labs Gluten Intolerance Test is that it limits false negatives. This means if you have gluten concerns and want to know if you are truly gluten intolerant, then this is the test to run.
Since gluten intolerance is closely related to Celiac disease, we have included a free Celiac disease testing panel along with this test. You can bring your results to your doctor who can help you design an effective treatment plan.
|What’s being tested:
Fasting: No (review kit instructions)
Turnaround Time: 14 Business days (once the lab receives your sample)
- It is recommended to be clear of immunosuppressants and/or corticosteroids for at least 60 days prior to taking this test. Please consult with your prescribing healthcare provider.
- NOT AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK. SPECIMEN DRAWS CAN BE COMPLETED IN NEIGHBORING STATES.
- We are now accepting international orders. Sample must be received within 7 days. Additional return shipping fees may apply.
- READ: IMPORTANT Cyrex FAQs
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, pediatric blood draws are not included under Cyrex’s contracted phlebotomy. All patients 15 years of age and younger are included in the pediatric group. Pediatric blood draws must be scheduled by the parents at a laboratory of their choosing, and must be paid for by the parent at the time of service.