Please be aware that by using this service (and website), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. TRUE HEALTH LABS™ reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions as needed. All modifications will be effective immediately upon posting.
- You understand and agree that TRUE HEALTH LABS™ does not provide medical advice and that our services are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or condition. Any advice or recommendations given by our doctors or staff is for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or condition. To maintain a non-doctor/patient relationship, you understand that medical history may not be obtained during your phone conversation with our doctors.
- You understand that TRUE HEALTH LABS is a Direct Access Testing (DAT) service and not a testing facility. This being said, you understand that clinical information (test results) can only be discussed between the lab(s) and TRUE HEALTH LABS healthcare practitioners and not with the customer (you).
- You understand that you do not hold a doctor/patient relationship with any doctor employed by True Health Labs. Any information produced by them (verbally or written) is not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any disease or condition. Over the phone, results are only explained and not interpreted. By using True Health Labs, you agree that you are under the care of a licensed physician in which test results will be interpreted. You understand that our doctors can not give treatment recommendations. You can not hold Zilient LLC. or any of its employees responsible for any personal lifestyle changes made after any communication with any of our doctors or employees.
- You understand that tests processed by some labs cannot be ordered in the states of NY, NJ, MA, or RI. You understand that you can still order these test, however, you must have the test completed in a non-restricted state.
- You understand and agree that any test recommendations or health information provided from TRUE HEALTH LABS™, written or verbal (including educational videos), are for educational purposed only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or condition.
- You understand and agree to continue any prescribed medication unless told to discontinue by your treating physician.
- You understand that result review phone conversations may be recorded. Recordings are used strictly for legal purposes and are protected by HIPAA laws. You may receive a copy of the recording upon request.
- You agree to pay all shipping costs outside of the standard return shipping included with test kits. For example, if the specimen needs to reach the lab within 7 days and the return shipping label will not suffice, you must cover the shipping.
- You understand that your test results carry a risk of false positives and false negatives and do not definitively define a diagnosis. You understand that you cannot be refunded for results that indicate false positives/negatives. This also applies to subjective false positives/negatives. Refunds can be given if there was sample instability and/or a confirmed issue with the lab’s calibration/machinery in which the laboratory notifies us of the sample instability/machinery issues.
- You understand that you must consult with your primary care physician before collecting any sample to determine if collecting the sample is safe for you. True Health Labs is not responsible for any injury occurring before, during, or after a sample collection. An example would be if a blood vessel was torn during a blood draw producing a subdermal hematoma.
- You understand that if you are a licensed healthcare practitioner ordering tests for your patients (your information in the billing area), you must submit a copy of your state license and must be able to order laboratory tests offered on TrueHealthLabs.com in your state. By ordering, you understand that you are considered the “ordering doctor”.
- You understand that if you purchase and consume nutritional supplements, you must be under the care of a qualified physician and/or in the presence of a responsible adult. Your physician must recommend the sought-out supplements before you purchase them.
- You understand that if you are required to consume certain foods before taking a test, you must be under the care of a qualified physician and/or in the presence of a responsible adult.
- You agree that the information you submit to TRUE HEALTH LABS™ is truthful and accurate.
- You will keep your password information and security questions confidential.
- You will use the TRUE HEALTH LABS™ site for its intended use.
- You understand that TRUE HEALTH LABS™ accounts are only for adults of 18 years or older, and confirm that you are 18 years or older before attempting to create an account.
- You understand that test results can sometimes be inaccurate through no fault of TRUE HEALTH LABS™.
- You will not copy information found on the TRUE HEALTH LABS™ website nor use it illegally.
- You will abide by our “order” and “refund” policies. You may cancel your order anytime before the specimen collection. If a refund is requested or required (due to orders made in non-qualifying states or countries or other reasons – see FAQ), your refund will be reduced by 10% of your original order total to cover additional administration costs. After your sample is drawn, no refund can be made. If for any reason TRUE HEALTH LABS™ is unable to process your specimen after the draw, you will receive a full (100%) refund for the test(s) not performed.
- There is no cancellation refund after four (4) months from the date of purchase unless other arrangements are made before the four (4) month cut-off date. If you are holding tests for greater than four (4) months, send an “extension” email to email@example.com.
- You understand that only one (1) coupon code can be used per transaction. This also applies to discount rules for example: Buy X amount of tests and get Y% off. You can not combine coupon codes with free offers i.e. “free cholesterol test”.
- You understand the rewards points and/or coupons can not be redeemed for cash.
- Rewards points terms can be changed at any time without notice.
- Rewards points can be reduced or eliminated if deemed necessary.
- Coupon codes generated by the Rewards Points system expire after 6 months from when they were generated.
- You understand that reward points and coupons can not be used together in the same order or orders placed within 48 hours of each other.
- You understand that initial administrative costs are included in the test prices.
- You understand that you are solely responsible for any fees associated with blood draws or other specimen collection.
- TRUE HEALTH LABS™ shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any transactions conducted or information conveyed on the Web site. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all services and information provided. For example, if you order test ‘A’ from the website and the requisition form is changed to test ‘A’ and ‘B’ after the form is sent to you, you will be charged for both tests.
- Occasionally, orders may remain in pending mode which means that the ordering of the test has been unsuccessful and no charge to your credit card or PayPal account has taken place. TRUE HEALTH LABS™reserves the right to communicate, via email, with the customer to ascertain the reason for the unsuccessful order and how we can assist with, or resolve the problem in, the ordering process.
- You agree to not hold TRUE HEALTH LABS responsible for any hacking attempts on your private information stored by TRUE HEALTH LABS.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TRUE HEALTH LABS™, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third-party information providers against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this agreement by you.
- By entering your email address anywhere on TrueHealthLabs.com, checking out and/or having a phone consult with our clinical staff, you agree to be put on our email newsletter list managed by a third-party email service. You may unsubscribe at any time via writing or manually unsubscribing within any newsletter. Non-Personal Health Information (PHI) may also be used in other marketing attempts.
- You understand that you contact us to be removed from any correspondence.
- You understand that a conversion tracking code is used for analytic purposes. This information is for internal use only and is never given out or sold.
- You understand that TrueHealthLabs.com is a copyright-protected site, owned by Zilient LLC. Any use of materials on their website, including reproduction, modification, distribution or republication, without the prior written consent of Zilient LLC is strictly prohibited.
- You understand that in order to receive our promotional 50% off “One-on-One Review” that the “One-on-One Review” must be purchased. Discounts given for the eligible lab test(s) without the “One-on-One Review” will result in a manual invoice for the review, however, it will include the discount.
- You understand that your non-health information will be used in our CRM (Customer Relations Manager) software.
- Agreement to these terms also includes membership terms (membership program was terminated as of November 31st, 2014. Membership terms no longer apply).
- All orders (kits or requisition forms) will be shipped, and/or emailed out, within 24 hours (excluding weekends). Average shipping time is 5 days.
- International customers: You are responsible for return shipping setup and costs. In some cases, you may incur shipping costs to you.
- You may cancel prior to the specimen collection with a refund equal to the price of the total order less 10% cancellation fee if canceled within four (4) months from the date of order. If requisition forms and/or test kits were not sent out after the order, then a full refund will be issued.There is no cancellation refund after four (4) months unless other arrangements are made before the four (4) month cut-off date. If you are holding a test for greater than four (4) months, send an “extension” email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kits from canceled/refunded orders can be recycled/discarded. For your privacy, we suggest that you shred any/all requisition forms.
- Supplement Refunds: There is a $15 restocking fee for any supplement returns that are unopened and undamaged safety seal. We can not refund supplements that have been opened or damaged safety seal.
- Services that are performed that are paid with a credit card, debit card, PayPal or with financing, are not eligible for post-lab report payment challenges unless overturned by TrueHealthLabs.com administrative staff (in writing). By checking the box, “Yes, I agree with the terms and conditions” and checking out on TrueHealthLabs.com, you agree for your PHI to be used in any chargeback disputes and/or collections.
- TRUE HEALTH LABS™ of Georgia is a direct-to-consumer company that offers a full range of laboratory health screenings. TRUE HEALTH LABS’™ software ensures that each account is private and only accessible to the individual user and our staff when necessary.
- TRUE HEALTH LABS™ is committed to protecting the privacy of every person who visits the TrueHealthLabs.com website or kiosks so that each person will feel free to gather information, make inquiries/comments, choose services, and/or perform payment functions. This privacy statement informs you of the privacy standards used to ensure the security and confidentiality of your information. Below are the details of how TRUE HEALTH LABS™ uses the information that you provide via the website and kiosks, and how the privacy of your individual information is safeguarded.
- Generally, you can visit our website without divulging any personal information. However, to receive laboratory test results, TRUE HEALTH LABS™ will request personal information from you. We will not ask for personal healthcare information, however, we will request personally identifying information about you.
- For all tests except STD tests, you must provide a ZIP Code to verify billing information. If you want to receive future promotions and services that may be of interest or benefit to you, you may choose to provide your name and address.
- For all STD tests, we are required to obtain your name and address.
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices for
Personal Health Information
Effective Date: August 1st, 2010
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY
Dear Customer of True Health Labs,
We are required to provide you with this Notice of Privacy Practices and to explain our legal duties under the Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
By law, we are required to:
- maintain the privacy of your Personal Health Information (PHI)
- provide you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your PHI; and
- follow the terms of this notice
How We Collect Information: We obtain most PHI directly from the Individual. The Information that an individual gives us when registering for a service generally provides the information we need. An individual’s clinical information is forwarded directly to the individual (email address submitted in the billing and/or shipping area is considered the customer’s private email address) and some form of record is either retained in a secure electronic file or with a laboratory’s archival record for 3 years. If we need to verify information or need additional Information, we may obtain information from third parties such as adult family members or employers. Information collected may relate to an individual’s demographics, employment, health, avocations or other personal characteristics which may assist us in evaluating the individual’s healthcare. In most cases, we do not retain the dates and locations where service was provided.
We protect your PHI from inappropriate use or disclosure. Our employees, and those of companies that help us service your health screening are required to comply with our requirements that protect the confidentiality of your PHI. They may look at your PHI only when there is an appropriate reason to do so, such as to administer the process of returning your health test results back to you and other tasks dealing with order processing.
We will not knowingly disclose or sell your PHI to any other individual or organization for their use in marketing products to you without your prior consent.
We will not forward by mail, fax or electronically your PHI to any healthcare provider without your prior written consent.
We will not make available your test results to your employer or 3rd party carrier without your prior written consent.
We may use and disclose PHI about you without your authorization unless you object as described below, together with some examples.
- Appointments and Other Health Information. We may send you reminders for medical care or checkups. We may send you information about future health services that may be of interest to you as a health-conscious individual. For example, we will make frequent mailings to you as a prior customer
- Research: We may use PHI about you for studies and to develop reports. These reports do not identify specific people. For example, we may want to determine how many individuals of a sex in an age range from a defined population have a cholesterol value over 240 mg/dl .
- Future Business: PHI may be disclosed as part of a potential merger or acquisition involving our business in order to make an informed decision regarding any such prospective transaction. Should a merger or acquisition take place, our database of names and addresses may be part of the process.
- Where Required by Law or for Public Health Activities: We may disclose PHI when required by federal, state or local law. Examples of such mandatory disclosures include notifying state or local health authorities regarding particular communicable diseases or providing PHI to a government agency or regulator with health care oversight responsibilities. We may also release PHI to a coroner or medical examiner to assist in identifying a diseased individual or to determine the cause of death.
- For Payment. We may use or disclose PHI about you to get payment or to pay for health care services you receive. For example, we may provide PHI to bill your health plan for health care provided to you. We may also provide your PHI to your credit card company in cases of chargebacks.
- To Avert a Serious Threat to Health or Safety: We may disclose PHI about you to law enforcement in order to avoid a serious threat to the health and safety of a person or the public.
- For Law Enforcement or Specific Government Functions: We may disclose PHI in response to a request by law enforcement official made through a court order, subpoena, warrant, summons or similar process. We may disclose PHI about you to federal officials for intelligence, counterintelligence, and other national security activities authorized by law.
- When Requested as Part of a Regulatory or Legal Proceeding: If you or your estate is involved in a lawsuit or a dispute, we may disclose PHI about you in response to a court or administrative order. We may also disclose PHI about you in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process by someone else involved in the dispute, but only if efforts have been made to tell you about the request or to obtain an order protecting the PHI requested. We may also disclose PHI to any governmental agency or regulator with whom you have filed a complaint or as part of a regulatory agency examination.
- Other Uses of PHI: Other uses and disclosures of PHI not covered by this notice and permitted by the laws that apply to us will be made only with your written authorization or that of your legal representative. If we are authorized to use or disclose PHI about you, you or your legally authorized representative may revoke that authorization, in writing, at any time. We cannot take back any uses or disclosures already made with your authorization.
- Disclosure to Family, Friends, and Others. We may disclose PHI about you to your family or other persons who are involved in your medical care.
- Directory. We may use PHI about you to assist visitors at our facilities to locate you or to inform clergy about you.
Your PHI Privacy Rights
- Right to See and Get Copies of Your PHI. In most cases, you have the right to look at or get copies of your PHI. You must make the request in writing and include dates and location(s) of service. You may be charged a fee for the cost of copying and mailing the PHI to you.
- Right to Request to Correct or Update Your PHI. You may ask us to change or add missing PHI if you think there is a mistake. You must make the request in writing and provide a reason for your request. However, there are conditions under which we may deny this request.
- Right to Get a List of Disclosures. You have the right to ask us for a list of disclosures made after August 1st, 2010 and up to six years prior to the date you made the request. You must make the request in writing.
- Right to Request Limits on Uses or Disclosures of Your PHI. You have the right to ask us to limit how PHI about you is used or disclosed. You must make the request in writing and tell us what PHI you want to limit and to whom you want the limits to apply. In your request, you must you must tell us (1) dates and location(s) of service (2) what information you want to limit; (3) whether you want to limit our use, disclosure, or both; and (4) to whom you want the limits to apply (for example, disclosure to your spouse or parent). To make a request, you must make your request in writing to Privacy Coordinator, True Health Labs; 3300 Windy Ridge Pkwy #1622; Atlanta GA, 30339. We will not agree to restrictions on PHI uses or disclosures that are legally required, or which are necessary to administer our business. While we will consider your request, we are not required to agree to it. If we do agree to it, we will comply with your request.
- Right to Revoke Permission. If you are asked to sign an authorization to use or disclose PHI about you, you can cancel that authorization at any time. You must make the request in writing. This will not affect PHI that has already been shared.
- Right To Choose How We Communicate With You. You have the right to ask us to share your PHI with you in a certain way or in a certain place. For example, you may ask us to send PHI about you to your work address instead of your home address. You must make this request in writing. You do not have to explain the basis for your request.
- Right to File a Complaint. You have the right to file a complaint if you do not agree with how we have used or disclosed PHI about you. All complaints must be submitted in writing. Your services will not be affected by any complaints you make. We cannot retaliate against you for filing a complaint or refusing to agree to something that you believe to be unlawful.
- Right to Get a Paper Copy of this Notice. You have the right to ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time. Any changes will apply to information we already have and any information we receive in the future. A copy of the new notice will be posted at True Health Labs and provided to individuals upon request as required by law. You may request a copy of the current notice at any time.