Alzheimer’s-Associated Immune Reactivity | Alzheimer’s LINX Lab Test
An important aspect of Alzheimer’s disease that is highly overlooked is the breakdown of the blood-brain barrier (BBB).
The blood-brain barrier is a highly selective barrier between blood vessels and neurons. Its job is to let good things in and keep bad things out.
When this barrier is damaged by things like microbes, chemicals, heavy metals, food sensitivities, etc., the factors that keep the BBB healthy start to diminish which can increase neuroinflammation leading to cognitive decline.
The new Cyrex Alzheimer’s blood test (LINX) looks for antibodies to damaging BBB factors and checks to see if the immune system is attacking factors that keep the brain healthy.
The results of this test can help you and your healthcare practitioner develop a plan to help restore the blood-brain barrier and promote a better brain for those with cognitive decline and those who may have a genetic susceptibility for Alzheimer’s.
The Cyrex LINX Alzheimer’s blood test is also useful for those:
- Interested in preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Who are exhibiting early signs of Alzheimer’s.
- Have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
- Who have a history of gut disorders and/or diabetes.
- Who played high-impact sports.
- Who have multiple food and chemical sensitivities.
- This test is not intended to diagnose Alzheimer’s disease or any other neurological disorders.
- Detailed clinical explanation from Cyrex Labs.
What’s Being Tested (antibodies):
|Tau Protein||Rabaptin-5 + Presenilin|
|Beta Nerve Growth Factor||Somatotrophins|
|Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor||Neurotrophins|
|Enteric Nerve, Enzymes and Neurological Peptides|
|Enteric Nerve + Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide||Transglutaminases|
|Oral Pathogens||Enterococcus faecalis|
|Campylobacter jejuni CDT||Herpes Type-1|
|Escherichia coli CDT + Salmonella CDT|
|Ethyl + Methyl Mercury||Phthalates|
|Food Cross-Reactive to Amyloid Beta|
|Egg Yolk, Raw + Cooked||Lentil Lectin + Pea Lectin|
|Scallops + Squid Caseins||Alpha-Gliadin + Gliadin Toxic|
|Tuna, Canned||Hazelnut Vicilin + Cashew Vicilin|
|Non-Gluten Wheat Proteins|
|Blood-Brain Barrier and Neurofilaments|
|Blood-Brain Barrier Protein + Claudin-5||Enterococcus faecalis|
Fasting: No (review kit instructions)
Specimen: Blood, Cyrex Test Kit (Draw Location | How It Works | FAQs)
Turnaround Time: 14 Business days (once the lab receives your sample)
- It is recommended to be clear of immunosuppressants and/or corticosteroids for at least 60 days prior to taking this test. Please consult with your prescribing healthcare provider.
- NOT AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK. SPECIMEN DRAWS CAN BE COMPLETED IN NEIGHBORING STATES.
- We are now accepting international orders. Sample must be received within 7 days. Additional return shipping fees may apply.
- READ: IMPORTANT Cyrex FAQs
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, pediatric blood draws are not included under Cyrex’s contracted phlebotomy. All patients 15 years of age and younger are included in the pediatric group. Pediatric blood draws must be scheduled by the parents at a laboratory of their choosing, and must be paid for by the parent at the time of service.