Female Hormone Imbalance Saliva Test | Month Long | DiagnosTechs
Many hormone imbalances can be missed if comprehensive testing is not run. For example, many practitioners will not screen women for testosterone because it is considered a male dominant hormone. In fact, testosterone is the most common hormone imbalance in women.
Why Saliva Hormone Testing?
The reason why you want to run the salivary hormone test is simple. Most of the contents of the blood end up in the saliva, including female hormones. However, there is one important difference between the hormones in the blood vs. the hormones in saliva. Most female hormones in the blood are tightly bound to proteins and only hormones that are not bound can do their job and have an impact on your body. What is great about hormone saliva testing is that the salivary glands do the unbinding for you. The saliva sample gives you accurate levels of female hormones that ultimately impact your system.
11 Sample Female Hormone Saliva Test
This female hormone saliva test also tests hormone levels throughout your entire cycle. This map is important because it can reveal hormone imbalances that may otherwise be missed when testing just one sample. The information gathered is also used to give in-depth details information on breast cancer risk, infertility, and more.
What’s Being Tested:
- Progesterone (11 saliva samples)
- Estradiol / Estrogen (11 saliva samples)
- Testosterone (cycle average)
- DHEA & DHEA-S (cycle average)
- Luteinizing Hormone (5 saliva samples)
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (5 saliva samples)
- Many calculations and ratios
Temperature chart– Used to find the start and stop dates if you no longer have periods. This test is not recommended for those who have not had a period for more than 1 year.
Fasting: See test kit instructions
Specimen: Saliva, Diagnostechs Home Test Kit (Draw Location | How It Works | FAQs)
Turnaround time: 7-10 business days
- This hormone panel is for cycling women unless the above temperature chart is used.
- This test cannot be collected or mailed from New York State
- TEST INTENDED FOR:
- Women with cycling irregularities and complaints pertaining to the menstrual cycle
- Women with suspected hormone imbalance
- Fertility studies
- TEST NOT INTENDED FOR:
- Women without a period for > 1 year
- Pregnant women Male patients
- Women without ovaries
- Women on hormonal birth control in the last 6 months