Liver Function Test
Fast and Easy Way to Monitor Liver Function
The liver plays a critical role in infiltration and removal of toxic material from the body. When the liver is damaged, it releases signals (liver enzymes) into the blood.
There are many situations where your doctor may want to you monitor your liver enzymes. The liver function test may be ordered in several situations:
- One is taking medication, such as Accutane, that damages the liver.
- Those with hepatitis or liver cirrhosis.
- Those who consume alcohol regularly.
What’s Being Tested:
- Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT/SGPT)
- Albumin/Globulin Ratio
- Alkaline Phosphatase
- Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST/SGOT)
- Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT)
- Globulin (calculated)
- Bilirubin, direct
- Bilirubin, total
- Protein, total
Turnaround time: 3-5 Business days
- This test cannot be collected in NY, NJ, MA, and RI. Contact us with questions.