D-Dimer Blood Test for COVID-19
As your body dissolves clotted blood, it released small pieces called D-Dimer. With blood clotting disorders, D-Dimer can be elevated in the blood. Clotting disorders can be very dangerous so consult with your treating physician.
The D-Dimer blood test can help you and your doctor investigates clotting disorders such as:
- Pulmonary Embolism (PE)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)
- COVID-19 infection-related clotting
What’s Being Tested:
- D-Dimer, Quantitaive Blood Test
Specimen Type: Blood (Draw Location | How It Works | FAQs)
Turnaround time: 5-7 Business Days
- This test cannot be collected in NY, NJ, MA, and RI. Contact us with questions.