Coronavirus (COVID-19) IGXSpot T-cell Test
The COVID-19 vaccine is designed to invoke a potent response to the most dangerous parts of the coronavirus, the spike proteins. Individuals can have three possible immune responses to the SARA-COV-2 virus or vaccine:
- Antibodies (link to test)
- Or both
This COVID-19 T-cell blood test can help you and your doctor monitor the overall response of the COVID-19 vaccine to ensure a good immune response.
Test results are helpful when determining:
- If your SARS-CoV-2 T-cells are activated.
- If you may need another vaccine dose.
- If you are protected from others.
- If others are protected from you.
- If you have natural immunity from previous exposure.
SARS-CoV-2 IgXSpot T-cell Test
For most coronaviruses, antibodies, which help target the virus directly, can, in some, be short-lived. T-cells are another part of our immune system that targets the infected cells, keeping viruses from reproduction gan can provide long-term immunity even if antibody levels are low.
Why are Coronavirus Antibodies Important?
Coronavirus COVID-19 SARS-COV-2 T-cell Response:
What’s Being Tested:
- SARS-CoV-2 IgXSpot T-cell (detects specific T-cell response after vaccination or previous exposure)
- IgxSpot T-cell- Blood draw (not finger prick); processed by IgeneX
- Draw Locations | How It Works | FAQs
- IMPORTANT- Some of the suggested draw locations will not draw for COVID-19 related tests. Call the draw station first to verify.
- You can also contact a local clinic, hospital, or mobile phlebotomy service for assistance with the blood draw.
- Standard free shipping is 2 days (1-day shipping available at checkout)
- Results Turnaround Time: 5-7 business days
- Disclaimer: Test results are not a substitute for medical advice. Any information given here or elsewhere on TrueHealthLabs.com is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the FDA. Samples are collected at your own risk. As with any lab test, false negatives/positives can occur. Consult with your treating physician to determine if re-testing is needed and for further examination and treatment.
- This test is available in all states including New York.
- Results should be used in conjunction with advice from your doctor since a positive result do not guarantee immunity.
- Keep blood vials at room temperature.
- The specimen must arrive at the lab within 7 days (2-day shipping label is included with the kit).
- Test results will be reported to your state’s health department.
Blood Draw for Coronavirus IgXSport T-cell Test
- You will need to take the kit with you to a contracted draw location to be drawn by a phlebotomist.
- You also have the option to have the sample drawn at your doctor’s office, hospital, or make arrangements with a mobile phlebotomy service. Some draw locations will not collect for COVID-19 related tests. Call first to verify.
- All the instructions for the phlebotomist are on the requisition form that is either in the kit.
- If you are ordering both the Coronavirus COVID-19 PCR and ImmunoBlot antibodies (recommended), keep the swab refrigerated until ready to ship and include the ice pack included in the kit. Read all instructions.
Coronavirus Test Kit Shipping Instructions
- All return shipping supplies are included in the kit.
- First, arrange specimen pickup with FedEx.
- Place the specimen/bio bag along with the IGeneX requisition form that we email you in the styrofoam holder, add the frozen ice brick, then close and secure with packing tape.
- Adhere the return label and ship with your prearranged pickup.
- Use disposable gloves to disinfect the box before pickup. If you must hand the box to the person picking up the package, please wear a mask.
- IGeneX Labs must receive the sample within 72 hours after collection. 556 Gibraltar Dr. Milpitas, CA 95035
- Full Collection and Shipping Instructions