Coronavirus (COVID-19) Antibody Test Kit | ImmunoBlot IgG for Protective Immunity
Why are Coronavirus Antibodies Important?
Antibodies are produced when we are exposed to foreign invaders like the Coronavirus, COVID-19 virus. Not only do they help fight the virus, but they also help your immune system develop protective immunity so that your body is better prepared if you get exposed again.
Why ImmunoBlot Coronavirus Antibody Test is Superior
There are a few ways of testing for antibodies: ELISA and immunoblotting. ELISA is fast but commonly produces false positives since it can test positive to other strains of Coronavirus and other viruses altogether.
Immunoblotting uses an advanced technique called electrophoresis that significantly reduces the rates of inaccurate results.
The Coronavirus antibody IgG test can help you understand “protective immunity”, however, it is recommended to run the IgM + IgG combo test. IgM antibodies show up near the beginning of exposure before IgG antibodies start. This means you may test negative for IgG but still have been recently exposed.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Antibody Behavior and Test Results Possibilities:
What’s Being Tested:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) ImmunoBlot IgG Antibody | Blood Test
- Confirms exposure/infection and clarifies protective immunity
- COVID-19 Antibody Test Sample Report
- ImmunoBlot- Blood draw (not finger prick) processed by IgeneX Labs
- Draw Locations | How It Works | FAQs
- IMPORTANT- Some of the suggested draw locations will not draw for COVID-19 related tests. Call the draw station first to verify.
- You can also contact a local clinic, hospital, or mobile phlebotomy service for assistance with the blood draw.
- Standard free shipping is 2 days (1-day shipping available at checkout).
- Results turnaround time- 2-3 business days
- Disclaimer: Test results are not a substitute for medical advice. Any information given here or elsewhere on TrueHealthLabs.com is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the FDA. Samples are collected at your own risk. As with any lab test, false negatives/positives can occur. Consult with your treating physician to determine if re-testing is needed and for further examination and treatment.
- Keep blood vials at room temperature.
- The specimen must arrive at the lab within 7 days (2-day shipping label is included with the kit).
- Order the COVID-19 PCR test individually (get notified when available).
- Individual COVID-19 tests do not qualify for discounts.
- Test results will be reported to your state’s health department.
Blood Draw for Coronavirus COVID-19 Immunoblot Test
- You will need to take the kit with you to a contracted draw location to be drawn by a phlebotomist.
- You also have the option to have the sample drawn at your doctor’s office, hospital, or make arrangements with a mobile phlebotomy service. Some draw locations will not draw for COVID-19 related testing so call first to verify.
- All the instructions for the phlebotomist are on the requisition form that is either in the kit or we will email to you.
- If you are ordering both the Coronavirus COVID-19 PCR and ImmunoBlot antibodies (recommended), keep the swab refrigerated until ready to ship and include the ice pack included in the kit. Read all instructions.
Coronavirus Test Kit Shipping Instructions
- All return shipping supplies are included in the kit.
- First, arrange specimen pickup with FedEx.
- Place the specimen/bio bag along with the IGeneX requisition form that we email you in the styrofoam holder, add the frozen ice brick, then close and secure with packing tape.
- Adhere the return label and ship with your prearranged pickup.
- Use disposable gloves to disinfect the box before pickup. If you must hand the box to the person picking up the package, please wear a face mask.
- IGeneX Labs must receive the sample within 72 hours after collection. 556 Gibraltar Dr. Milpitas, CA 95035
- Full Collection and Shipping Instructions